The Mill History
In the early 1900's, the Curtis Brothers built the Feed Mill next to the railroad. They sold everything from potatoes, wood, coal, and livestock feed. The Kent Family purchased the building and continued to sell goods for the home & farm. The also created the "Kent Feeds" line which is still available today. At some time period before the 50's Elis Bazette purchased the Mill who later sold the property and building to Loren Gerber in the 1950's. Along with the feed Mill in Reed City, Gerber also owned & operated the feed Mills in Evart & Marion. He grew the business with his brother Ray Gerber until they sold each building & business separately in the 1980's. Then, Joe Alexander owned and operated the Reed City Feed Mill until he sold to Lonnie Clemestshaw.
In August 2017, the Terryn and Nicklas Family purchased the Feed Mill. Both families also own & operate their family farm. The Terryn's raise beef cattle & horses, and produce & sell hay, straw, & oats. The Nicklas' raise beef cattle, chickens, goats, as well as cash crop corn & soybeans, hay, and straw.
Today, Reed City Feeds, sells all types of livestock feeds & supplies for farms, lawn & garden seed & supplies, wildlife & wildbird feed, Livestock supplements and mineral, gates, fencing, and so much more. Almost all of the products are made locally, made in Michigan or made in the USA.
Meet The Team
Feed Mill Supervisor
Feed Mill Merchandiser